Front=White, Rear=Red! Very important and compulsory when riding at night. There are many types and brands available. Look out for reviews and get what your wallet allows. Here are some pointers:
- A blinking light makes you visible to others but does not help you much to see what's ahead. Get a permanent flood light if the paths you are riding is to dark. Get a blinker if the path is lit enough to see what's in front of you
- A blinker is sufficient for the rear
- Blinkers use less energy, the batteries will last longer
- Many lights have flood and blinking modes
- Get a light with external battery packs if you go for longer rides. The batteries will last longer as compared to those with built in batteries
- Angle your headlight downwards so you don't blind oncoming vehicles or pedestrians
Watch the video below for more details.