This section explains the common and not so common functions of the electric scooter or bicycle LCD. It is usually mounted on the handlebar. There are many different designs but many share the same functionality. Not all electric vehicles come with an LCD as it's not an essential item needed to make it work. It's good to have though as it gives you useful control and feedback.
Common Functions and Displays
- Speed: Riding speed in mp/h or km/h
- Trip: Distance traveled since you turned on your LCD. Resets when you turn it off.
- ODO: Total distance traveled. Usually cannot be reset.
- Battery Bar: Graphical display of your battery charge status. Usually not accurate.
- Voltage: Voltage charge remaining in your battery. A useful indicator of your batteries charge level. Refer to the Batteries section for more details.
- On/off switch: Turn the LCD on and off
- Mode or Up/Down switch: To select different speed modes or enter the setup menu. Check the LCD Manuals section for individual LCD settings.
Not So Common Functions and Displays
Some LCDs, like the Cycle Analyst shown below, give you additional feedback on more technical values. This is useful for those who like to DIY and get the most out of their electric vehicle.
- Ampere (A): Electric current or load
- Ampere Hours (Ah): Battery capacity, amount of energy used
- Wattage (W): Electrical operating power
- Watt Hours (Wh): Power consumption
Common Error Codes
Many LCDs share similar error codes that will be displayed if something is wrong with your electric scooter or bicycle. This image explains: